Jonathan G. Cameron, CFP®
Founder & Principal, Investment Adviser Representative
Jonathan Cameron is a founder and principal of CameronDowning, a Registered Investment Advisory firm. He has 16 years of experience in the financial services industry. As a Board certified financial planner, he is passionate about providing independent financial advice that makes a difference in people’s lives. His firm focuses on two core areas for the benefit of its clients -- financial planning (the road map) and investment management (the vehicle that gets you to the destination).
A Miami native, Jonathan is a Cuban-American and speaks Spanish as well as English. Growing up in the Redland area of South Miami-Dade, he was surrounded by mango and avocado groves. Some of his favorite activities include exploring the Everglades, hiking, and kayaking.
Jonathan has served in the following organizations:
- President, Financial Planning Association of Miami, the trade group for CFP® professionals
- Treasurer, BNI Success Link
- Chair, FIU Honors College Community Advisory Board
- Treasurer, FIU English Alumni Board
- President and Founder, FIU Honors College Alumni
- Member, Christian Chamber of Greater Miami
- Member, Pinecrest Business Association.
In January 2014 Jonathan married his lovely wife, Lauren. She loves the outdoors just as much, if not more, than he does. They have three young children -- Levi, Luke, and Esther -- and attend Granada Church.